Watch the live stream of the Christening ceremony at 10:00 AM EST here.
Daniel Inouye (DDG 118) Christening
This information is for the general public. If you are a BIW employee and would like to request tickets, click here.
Saturday, June 22, 2019
Starting at 10:00 AM
Gates Open at 9:00 AM
We are celebrating the Christening of Arleigh Burke Guided Missile Destroyer Daniel Inouye (DDG 118), named after Hawaiian Senator and Medal of Honor recipient Daniel Ken Inouye. Neighbors and members of the public may request tickets to this private event.
To request tickets, please RSVP below:
(If you are an employee, please pick up your tickets. Click here for employee ticket pick-up information)
RSVP Deadline: June 3, 2019
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Tickets are required for entry. Ticket holder and all guests must enter as a single group. Anyone over the age of 18 must show picture ID at entrance.
Guests are required to comply with BIW policies and procedures, and follow instructions from staff on the day of this private event.
Have questions? Contact the Christening Event Team at email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I bring guests? – Yes, you may bring up to 10 guests. When RSVPing for the event, please list the full names of your guests.
- Is there an age limit for guests? – No, everyone is welcome to attend.
- I plan to bring my infant. Can I bring a stroller? – Yes, strollers are allowed. Please be aware that you will need to transport your stroller onto the shuttle that takes you to the event area.
- Which gates will be open for the event? – For those parking close or walking to the shipyard, both the Railroad Lot and North Gates will be open. Please make sure you have your ticket and license ready to check at the gates.
- When do gates close? – Gates will close 30 minutes after the event starts.
- Will the Christening be cancelled or postponed due to weather? – No, the event will go on rain or shine. Please be aware that this is an outside event. If it rains, please wear rain gear, as there will be no covering.
- Will there be ship or shipyard tours? – No, there won’t be any tours.
- Where can I park? – Parking instructions will be sent along with your tickets. If you have additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What area of the shipyard will the event be held? – The Christening will take place on the Land Level Transfer Facility. Aside from the event area, there will be no walking in the shipyard on the day of the event. All guests will be shuttled to the event area.
- Are outside food and drinks allowed in the shipyard? – Outside drinks are not allowed in the shipyard. However, complimentary water/coffee will be available. Small snacks are permitted. Please do your part to keep our shipyard clean.
- What else can I not bring? – Large bags and pets are prohibited inside the shipyard.
- Is photography allowed? – Outside pictures, yes.
Will there be access for disabled persons? – There will be designated parking available to accommodate disabled persons, as well as buses and golf carts. If you or your guest require a golf cart or cannot be removed from a wheelchair, please contact email@example.com.