Bath Iron Works
700 Washington Street
Bath, ME 04530
For security reasons, access to BIW facilities is strictly limited and for business purposes only.
All incoming vendors and visitors must have proof of citizenship in the form of a birth certificate or passport.
- Verify specific entry requirements and parking locations with your point of contact at the specific BIW location in question.
- Tobacco products may not be used anywhere within BIW facilities. This is a firm rule that is enforced to protect the health of our workforce and to help minimize fire risk. No smoking, no chewing, no snuff, no use of e-cigarettes.
- There is a similar strict prohibition on entering under the influence of alcohol and unprescribed drugs, or bringing such materials into the yard.
- If your visit is taking you into manufacturing areas of the BIW facilities, please dress appropriately. We require that you wear ASTM 2413/ANSI Z41 compliant footwear, and suggest gloves, safety glasses and ear protection.
- Wherever you go inside the yard, open-toed sandals, high heels, shorts or other impractical fashion wear should be avoided.
Vistor Access Control Form:
The Visitor Access Control Registration form is a form that is required to be filled out by all visitors that enter the shipyard. Select here for form
Directions to Bath, Maine
- Travel North on Route 95 through New Hampshire and into Maine
- Take I-295 north (Via Exit 44) and follow through Portland
- Stay on I-295 North until Exit 28 to Coastal Route 1 exit - Brunswick/Bath
- Take Exit 28 - this becomes Route 1 North (Pleasant Street, Brunswick)
- Continue on Route 1 North, leaving Brunswick and following signs to Bath and Rockland
Directions to Bath Iron Works Main Yard Approaching Bath
- Continue on Route 1 North, leaving Brunswick: follow signs to Bath and Rockland
- Approaching Bath, take exit to Bath / Historic Bath (center of three exits)
- Continue down hill to traffic light. Turn right at light on Washington Street
- Turn left into parking area using 2nd entrance on Washington Street (adjacent to buildings)
- Enter BIW through Visitor Control
Exit south on New Meadows Road, West Bath. At Bath Road T-junction, turn right and look out for BIW's Hardings (on right) and EBMF (on left) locations. Approach the warehouse facility via the EBMF entry road, Mallett Park.
Hardings Fabrication Facility
Located on Bath Road between Cook's Corner and West Bath. Exit at New Meadows Road, turn south. At junction turn west (right), then look for a tall white building on your right.
East Brunswick Manufacturing Facility (EBMF)
Located on Bath Road between Cook's Corner and West Bath. Exit at New Meadows Road, turn south. At next junction turn west (right), and just past the Hardings site you will see the well-signposted entrance to BIW's EBMF site on your left.
Church Road Office Facility (CROF)
From Pleasant Street in Brunswick, turn at Church Rd (first traffic light on Pleasant Street, coming from south on Route One). CROF is 200 yards down on right.
Most of our other offices are within Navy facilities or are in other areas that are subject to more restrictive visiting conditions. Call ahead and ascertain your route and entry requirements before traveling.